Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hub 2 to Hub 3

Posted yesterday about upgrading hub 2 to hub 3. I've been on the phone for 2 hours and been passed about 4 times. Technical support to customer service to tech supp to customer service then being transferred to god knows where. I just want to upgrade from the 2 to the 3 which it says I can do for free via the website however when I press place order it says it cannot be done via the website hence the phone call. I don't see why this seems to be such a hard task. 

Help please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 2 to Hub 3

Half the VM call center staff dont seem aware of the "swap" initiative - so its pot luck who you get. Try again for a different more clued up agent or wait here for a few days when a VM person should respond and sort you one.

Out of interest - why do you want a Hub3 - is there a problem with the SH2? Lots of people might say the Hub3 is no better - or - actually a poorer product.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well at the moment I seem be getting drops every now and then maybe 5-6 times a day. Friends who are using the super hub3 seem to be fine and we're all roughly same distance from router etc. I finally got through to someone who stated that I couldn't upgrade to the super hub 3 unless I fully upgraded my package with a higher speed. (I'm on 100mbs at the moment) So labelled as free on website yet I'd need to pay more for higher speed which is irrelevant anyway for now something you're saying isn't exactly better. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Mmmmm... The Hub3 is required for >200 packages - which is why I didnt go for the free 350 upgrade offered a year or two ago - as the Hub3 was known to be terrible back then for online gamers (my lad) - due to the chipset it uses (subsequently fixed via firmware changes). But as the person you spoke with knows full well... any new subscriber to the 100 or 200 service gets the Hub3 and anyone who's SH2 (suprisingly!) errr... "breaks" will be sent a Hub3 - they dont supply SH's anymore. Hub4's are either being withheld for 1GB package customers - or rolled out in certain specific areas.
Basically the person you got is probably "new to the job" and hasn't had time to be trained in all of the offers and procedures - or has and this one didn't stick in their grey matter.

Do you know if the drops you get are also evident on ethernet connected devices - or just wifi ones. That is drops might be network/connection issues and nothing to do with SH2 per se. Can you test over ethernet connection - or set up a BQM to have a look....

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hairyyy,

Sorry to hear you've been having some issues trying to swap out your Hub 2 for the Hub 3.

I've arranged for a Hub 3 to be sent out to you, so you should receive this within the next 3-5 working days.

I'm afraid I'm unable to view the attachments you've posted, can you confirm if you are experiencing connectivity issues on hard wired devices?

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

“Well at the moment I seem be getting drops every now and then maybe 5-6 times a day” A Hub3 may not fix this type of problem, often it’s a circuit problem, nothing to do with the hub. Have you any Ethernet cable connected devices and if so do they also drop?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I do and they do not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully the replacement hub has improved things for you now? Keep us posted if you an.

Tom 

0 Kudos