Menu
chammonduk
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 2 needs constant resetting

I am having problems with my Hub 2 router. I have to keep rebooting it to get a connection. It's the same with all same with all devices, even my smart TV which is hardwired. I have tried a factory reset on the router but the problem still remains. It is quite annoying because I sometimes have to work from home and my granddaughter who is living with us has to do online schooling at the moment.

0 Kudos
Sabtain7
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 2 needs constant resetting

Hi, you will be eligible for a hub three the hub 2 is quite outdated I would recommend phoning Virgin Media Customer Support explaining that your hub randomly switches on and off (you need to say this so they know it’s a hub fault otherwise They will go through some other steps which in my opinion are irrelevant for you) and they will send out A hub three for you with self install this should massively improve your home broadband system and fix your issues as from what you are saying i believe the hub is on its way out

If I Have Tried To Help You Hope It Helps:
I am fairly knowledgeable about technology in general and will try to help you to the best of my ability.

Sky World Customer (TV), Virgin Media Fibre Optic Gig1; Virgin Media Phone Package

Want To Contact Virgin Media's UK Call Centre?
Here's How:
STEP 1: Dial 150 (Virgin Landline) or 0345 454 1111 (Non Virgin Phone)
STEP 2: Option 1 for TV, Broadband or Home Phone

STEP 3: If The Number You Are Calling From Belongs To Your Virgin Media Account Select Option 1 If Not 2 (then enter the Virgin Media Home Number or press # then tap in Virgin Media Account Number
STEP 4: Select Option 4 - To Make Changes To Your Package Or Tell Us You Are Moving
STEP 5: Select Option 4 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us
STEP 6: Select Option 2 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us For Any Other Reason

UK Call Centre Times:
Mon - Fri 8am - 9pm
Sat - Sun - 9am - 6pm
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It may be the SH2 - which VM will replace for free - but they usually want to check to see if there is a network connection issue first. To do that can you follow this.

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before click on the “router status” icon/text t the top right corner of the first page up and then copy/paste as “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – the Downstream, the Upstream, & the Network Logs pages. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

Also, in the meantime... If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
chammonduk
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice. Engineer called and gave me a Hub 3. Everything working properly now

Thanks everybody👍