Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How to view total download / upload amount on Hub 3

On the Hub 2 I used to see a counter showing total download / upload since the routers last reboot. How / where can I see this on the hub 3?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to view total download / upload amount on Hub 3

There isn’t one for the Hub3 or Hub4

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Urrrgh! Why!! What benefit could there possibly be taking it away? I never understand design decisions like this; baffles me.

Any idea if here's some 3rd party, or add-on software / tools / plug-ins / that kind of thing, that I could enable at the router level to keep track of data usage? 

Always handy for me to monitor how much data is being used by the household. I have laptop and device-level monitoring on some devices, but it's not feasible to have it on all devices, as not all are mine.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

There is no 3rd party tools that will work with the hub, the hub is locked down to Virginmedia only and nothing else can be added, the only way around this would be too use your own 3rd party router and using the hub 3 in modem only mode.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Disappointed to hear this, but good to know - thank you. I did spend about 15minutes looking for it earlier, and then gave up.

So, my next natural question - whilst reluctant to ask - what's the best router to connect up to the VHub3 if I choose to run it in modem mode?

I have M350, use 2.4 and 5ghz, have about 10 devices connected during the day, and live in a relatively small 3-bed, 2 floor house. I have no boosters or range extended currently, and don't need one given the size of the property. Wall mounting something flat is also possible.

I'm asking before I go and spend several hours looking for one, so if there's any known good routers that complement the VHub3, it would be good to know. Perhaps I could grab one for a good price for Black Friday

Thank you

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Will all depend on your budget

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/networking/network-routers-and-switches/routers/...

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/networking/network-routers-and-switches/routers/...

Also for more budget ones have a look at https://uk.pcmag.com/switches/127531/the-best-budget-routers-for-2020

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Do you have unlimited broadband?

Why do you need to monitor usage?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yep broadband's unlimited

It's just good to know how much data is being used in the household / what our throughput is. What's the harm in knowing afterall? 🙂

If I ever do switch away from VM, it would be useful. I know VM have all this data on their side nicely tucked away somewhere I can't see it.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@domidi wrote:

Urrrgh! Why!! What benefit could there possibly be taking it away?

It was never correct on the old hubs!

---------------------------------------------------------------