Menu
mz504
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How to upgrade to superhub 3 or 4?

I have been with virgin media for over 12 years but still have the old superhub 2 router which plays up and constantly disconnects within the last month.. Tried calling but it's a waste of time, no one answers! The online link to upgrade router from within VM website is useless and returns an error message. Is there any other way i can resolve this? Any helpful information would be much appreciated.

Thanks

zm504

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to upgrade to superhub 3 or 4?

If the SH2 is faulty just call it in and report that. They will simply send you a Hub3 to replace it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
oldgit1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have been with them over 15 years and just got a rplacement for a typpe1 hub mid Decemeber.  I requsted a hub4 but they sent a hub3.  The hub 3 lasted less than 5 weeks and is now totally US as is VirginMedia.   Try BT their system is far better and you can use your own modem!!! not the crap VM use.  These units are well knoown in the industry for being cheap and poor quality both the 3 and 4. If their was a VM shop around here my SUPERHUB would be through the window.  Best not send an ENGINEEER here

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Did you get the replacement Hub sent out?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos