cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn wifi off

Junojac
Joining in

I would like to turn wifi off at night, This is not block it to certain devices - just plain old OFF, without turning the router off.

I understand that if we turn off the entire router off, it messes with the configuration, so ideally - keep the router on and turn the wifi off...

Think you hive mind!

47 REPLIES 47

Hi Ryan,

So sorry, I missed your reply! - So, here we are one month on ...

After my last post, I tried disabling both (just to see if it had changed) - both showed as disabled in the GUI and stopped transmitting.

The next day, both transmitting and both showed as enabled in the GUI.

Disabled 2.4, it stopped transmitting and appeared disabled in the GUI.

A couple of days later, did the same for 5 and it stopped transmitting and appeared disabled in the GUI.

Forgot to check for a few weeks (sorry) 🙂

Today, both not transmitting ( to double check, I stood next to the Hub with WiFi Analyser ) but both appear as enabled in the GUI.

RDF_0-1664539836746.png

Happy with the not transmitting bit, GUI bit is not a problem but good the developer team are aware. 

Keep watching this space for more exciting episodes of "Is RDF's WiFi on or off ?" 😄

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced RDF,

Welcome back to the community.

To clarify is this still causing connection issues with your connected devices?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kain,

As long as the radios stay "disabled" I'm all good thanks.

It's the random enabling that can be a pain as it always picks the same channel I use for home automation stuff, also to a lesser extent it would be nice to have the Hub enable/disable functions work consistently.

The developers have known about the problems for a fair old time, so I suspect newer Hubs will be all sorted, or we might get a firmware update to our Hub 3.0's to fix it.

Thanks for your reply though. I'm mainly posting so anyone with similar issues can confirm it's not just them and they won't benefit from asking for a new Hub 3.0 (Saving you guys a couple of quid 😉 )

Thanks,

Roy

Hey RDF, thank you for reaching back out.

Once it is in 'disabled', it shouldn't really come out of this setting unless it is changed.

How has it been over the last few days has it changed again or is it okay? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt, 

We had some local maintenance in the area yesterday which looked to re-enable them.

There is a bit of a pattern, if I reboot or if the Hub loses its upstream link when they return the radios (not always) but often re-enable.

At present I've got 2.4 disabled and in another day or so I'll disable 5 (in the mean time I've chucked it up at the top of the channels so it's out of harms way 🙂 )

Thanks,

Roy

Sorry, just checked and remembered I used the VM connect app to disable them late yesterday.

Even though only 5 was still enabled the app showed both enabled. They are currently both disabled in the GUI and the radios are off. 

Quick update, the Hub decided to reboot itself this morning, when it came back the SSID briefly appeared but went back to both radios being disabled 🙂 

Hi RDF, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know that they are remaining disabled. 

If you have any further issues please come back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs