Menu
Highlighted
Crumsons
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How to report internet issues

Home from work and once again discovering my router cannot connect to the internet and no amount of resets or reboots will fix it. This makes downtime number 3 in the first month and a half of being a virgin customer.

The virgin media app tells me there is an issue with TV in my area but apparently the internet is "fine". I cannot find how to actually point out to virgin that this wrong. How can i report an issue to virgin? My previous isp had the option to report issues through their app and though I only had to do this once (only had a single 45 minute downtime in 18 months with them rather than the over 5 days worth of downtime with virgin so far!) being able to actually report something in this way felt quite reassuring rather than with virgin where i feel I have to sit and wait, hoping they notice me.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to report internet issues

Can't speak for the app as I have never used it but the Service Status link might help:  

https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

Last time I checked this page could run checks on your line and report a fault, even if it doesn't detect one.

Alternatively you can call VM on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or call 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

As a last resort, as it is usually too busy to gain access, there is an online chat option here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/experiencing-an-issue.html

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos