cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to order wifi pods

ksuter
Joining in

I've just moved to Virgin Media and am also part of Volt as have O2 mobile.  I have no coverage in at least one room in the house so need boosters,  I've used the connect app to check speed in each room and for one room it either doesn't register at all and says it's not working or shows download speed of 4Mbps upload of 1Mbps.  I'm pretty sure I'm eligible for a Pod but there is nowhere on the app that lets me order one.  And all the chat I've read so far suggests that once you show poor coverage in your house it offers you the chance to order one.  The website is really unhelpful too.  Any help please????

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Start with the post "pinned" at the top of this forum.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

hI ksuter,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to see you're facing coverage issues with your service, just regarding this has the advised pinned post helped with getting one ordered?

Let us know,

Kain

Ann77
Joining in

Hello Virgin Team, 

I have the same problem and I'm going in circle trying to order a WiFi pod from the connect app. There's no option to order a pod from the app, it keeps sending me to a "new customer" page to choose my package. I have the 1gb package, I have run the speed test which confirmed there's very poor signal in some areas of my house (8mbps!!????). Can someone kindly PM me to get this sorted? Thank you!

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ann77, thank you for joining on our help forums and for your first post here.
Welcome to the VM community, nice to have you on board. 🙂

Sorry to hear of the problems faced while trying to order our Wi Fi Pod over the Connect App, we'd love to best help with this.

Please, allow us to advise that in order to get your first Pod you'd need to add the Wi Fi Max service.

Wi Fi Max is our wireless service guarantee which enables our customers use Wi Fi Pods (up to 3 provided with the service depending on your needs) and get a minimum speed of 20MB on all devices connecting to the Wi Fi at home.

For our 1Gig customers this can be added free of cost so please try going on the App again and when you get to the page where you're asked to do a package change you'd just need to select and add Wi Fi Max from there.

Once you do this, you'll be able to place an order for your first Wi Fi Pod so we can post it out to you.
This should have no impact to your monthly rate or bills, however a home delivery may come with a cost of £5, FYI (or you can do Click & Collect which is also free service).

Please, do try this and let us know if it works for you - we'll be eager to assist further from there in case you're still unable to place the Pod order so pop us a new message here to let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

crusader
On our wavelength

Hi, please can someone arrange to get a 2nd pod out to me please, I have 1 pod currently that helped with the issue that my son was having in his bedroom for his Xbox, but I am getting an issue in my bedroom on my firestick and my laptop, I get constant internet dropouts and when doing a speed test on my firestick I get between 10mb & 15mb. If I watch Netflix on the firestick the app keeps freezing and buffering and often closes due to the poor network. I am on the 1gb line but really struggling with signal in my bedroom.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey crusader, 

Thank you for your post and welcome back! 

Not a problem - this is something I can help out with. I will pop you over a private message to confirm some details with you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.