cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to order the Wi-Fi pods?

Mimi1230
Tuning in

Hi,
I’m looking at how to order Wifi pods, I’ve run the diagnostics in every room via the VM Connect app.
4 rooms showed the download speed of less than 30 Mbps (0 to 30 Mbps) but the app did not suggest to order the first pod, nor showed how to get one. I am a Volt customer which should make eligible for that??
I have been working at the dining table (which is giving me terrible backache!) as broadband connection is poor in the study where I have a proper desk and office chair.

Would someone please help me sort this out?

Another problem is the Hub 3 - an electrician has realised the light at the bottom of the hub is light amber.He had a problem to connect a smart thermostat to the wifi (he managed in the end) and thought there must be something wrong with the hub. Now that he pointed it out, I remember it was white before but changed to amber at some point. The hub speed is good but I am not sure if this is related to the poor connection problems in some rooms as mentioned above?

Many thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Hub 3 RED Hot or not ?

It can be the LED is fading or it can an over temperature fault.

To check login in to the Hub 3 menu at http://192.168.0.1/   use the numeric HUB PASSWORD from the bottom side label.   ( this is not the Wi-Fi password )

Run the Network diagnostic tool

Scroll down through the results and find the Temperature entry.   Is it normal ? 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

Hub 3 RED Hot or not ?

It can be the LED is fading or it can an over temperature fault.

To check login in to the Hub 3 menu at http://192.168.0.1/   use the numeric HUB PASSWORD from the bottom side label.   ( this is not the Wi-Fi password )

Run the Network diagnostic tool

Scroll down through the results and find the Temperature entry.   Is it normal ? 

Client62
Legend

Don't rent VM Pods at £8 per month they are shockingly restrictive and poor value.  

Retail Wireless Repeaters or Wi-Fi Mesh / Routers are so much more capable - and work with any ISP.

Thank you so much for your help!

I've run the network diagnostics as per your instructions, and yes it shows the temperature of my Hub 3.0 is normal.

The results show a few problems - it says "The device xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:x has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0"  for 10 devices in entry 5-14, and the last entry 15 says Please place your WiFi device near the Hub 3.0. Are these something relevant to the amber light problem?

No I won't. But these VM pods should be provided to me free of charge, so I would like to try these first to avoid extra expenses.

Client62
Legend

VM pods should be provided to me free of charge ... You will need to be a Volt a/c for that to be true.

Yes I am, I have a Virgin Media account and O2 Mobile account - used to a Virgin Mobile customer. If they do not want to honour their promises I can go to cheaper mobile company.

Hi @Mimi1230, thank you for your posts.

We're sorry to hear about the problems you've been having 😔

In order to look into these for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @Client62 👍

Regards,
Daniel