Menu
Woburn
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How to keep a Wi-Fi camera connected to booster

I have installed a Virgin booster as instructed, small unit into wall socket and USB cable to hub and large unit into wall socket in master bedroom. I wanted the larger unit there to have it as close as possible to an Arlo Wi-Fi camera I have positioned outside. When the booster was first connected the signal strength between it and the Wi-Fi camera was excellent. Now I see (using the Virgin Media Connect App) that from time to time the Wi-Fi camera connects to the Hub which has a weaker signal instead of the booster. How can I ensure that the Wi-F camera stays connected to the booster?

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to keep a Wi-Fi camera connected to booster

@Woburn wrote:

I have installed a Virgin booster as instructed, small unit into wall socket and USB cable to hub and large unit into wall socket in master bedroom. I wanted the larger unit there to have it as close as possible to an Arlo Wi-Fi camera I have positioned outside. When the booster was first connected the signal strength between it and the Wi-Fi camera was excellent. Now I see (using the Virgin Media Connect App) that from time to time the Wi-Fi camera connects to the Hub which has a weaker signal instead of the booster. How can I ensure that the Wi-F camera stays connected to the booster?

Log into the boosters management page and give it a different ssid. Connect the camera to that ssid.

0 Kudos