cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a replacement hub asap - vulnerable customer

Desperada555
Joining in

Hi there,

My Hub3 has simply stopped working - won’t turn on again. Have called the helpline and they can send out an engineer but in 5 days.

Now the problem is that I’ve just had major abdominal cancer surgery and I am stuck in the house and I rely on the internet for EVERYTHING. I asked if a replacement hub could be sent sooner via courier instead and got transferred to another department, and what followed was frankly unacceptable.

I quickly explained the situation, happy to prove with my sick note, need help asap but can’t afford to upgrade and change contract, so please can I have a replacement hub sent over asap.

Then for 30 mins the customer service associate proceeded to ‘offer’ me various deals (!), a speed upgrade, a better hub which required an activation fee (that can’t be right if it’s a replacement?!), a stream box and sim which I repeatedly said I don’t need. They even kept saying if an engineer comes over I still have to pay a fee, which literally says on the website isn’t the case. 

I kept being polite but firm, but was honestly in tears by the end of it and felt like they kept trying to take advantage of someone in pain and who needs help.

Anyway I asked to speak with someone else and they said someone would call, but nada.

Can someone here help please? I’m desperate. 

6 REPLIES 6

jem101
Superstar

It's probably a bit late now (8:30pm) to expect a response from any VM employee, and alas, I am no longer able to escalate an issue for their attention tomorrow morning. Hopefully though one of the VIP members will see this and escalated it for a prompt response - not that will necessarily get you a replacement hub any quicker.

Now, I'm going to be brutally honest here, and I do this simply to set expectations and give you more information when the time comes to consider keeping VM as a provider. What you have run up headlong into is VM's total lack of customer care - it's all process driven, the badly trained excuse for a customer service provision have no means of deviating from their scripts, well not at the risk of losing their jobs.

So here's a open message for the forum team here, who are VM employees, we have an example of a really vulnerable customer asking for help, yes, of course sometimes stuff breaks, we know this, but the response from your apology for a customer service operation is not to immediately help them but to upsell them more products! Do you accept that this is appalling and disgusting behaviour? 

You know, I can't help thinking that this is the sort of 'human interest' story that the local press are often interested in, plus sometimes the national press on a slow news day.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Escalated so hopefully picked up tomorrow morning

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Desperada555 thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

We can look to add a vulnerable flag to your account and if this is successful we can usually get an engineer out within 4 working hours or the next working day.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Tom_W1 wrote:

Hi @Desperada555thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

We can look to add a vulnerable flag to your account and if this is successful we can usually get an engineer out within 4 working hours or the next working day.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

you are having a laugh surely - you can look to add and if successful - what does the customer have to do for it to be successful - they have given all the info you need - are you disputing that and wanting proof

i did the same with my energy supplier recently - the conversation was along the lines of

i would like a vulnerable flag added to my account for xyz reason [a valid reason but see no need to share it here]

answer from energy supplier - its done sir

no having a look and no question of being successful

this company gets worse - i did not think that was possible 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Accessibility support and services

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/accessibility 

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

Accessibility support and services

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/accessibility 

imo thats about as useful as the reply from VM - i accept what it says on the webpage should work BUT thats most likely to get an offshore agent who its odds on will not have a clue what the OP is asking BUT given the chance will try their level best to upsell something the OP does not want or need and from past posts may well add to their package without consent

a waste of a post Roger -again imo]

Tony.
Sacked VIP