Menu
Ajaz_Ahmed
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How to get a Superhub 3

I had a problem with my speed today and when I went to the site it said that I can get a new Superhub for free. When I try to do this it says I can't do it online. Phoning will take a long time, what's the easiest way of getting a new hub? Thank you.

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get a Superhub 3

@Ajaz_Ahmed wrote:

I had a problem with my speed today and when I went to the site it said that I can get a new Superhub for free. When I try to do this it says I can't do it online. Phoning will take a long time, what's the easiest way of getting a new hub? Thank you.

assuming you have something older than a hub3 then you can get the hub3 for free - if you don't want to call in, then the easiest way to do it is to wait around here for 5 - 10 days for a forum staffer to pick it up.

is it just an issue that has occurred today though, or has it been problematic for a while? what makes you think the hub is failing?

0 Kudos
Ajaz_Ahmed
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the quick response, I think the reason for the problem was some upgrade work in the area (CityFibre is coming.) I often have to reboot my hub 2 and it doesn't cover the whole house. I thought I'd get a new hub because the message says they are giving a free upgrade to customers with older hubs. 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Ajaz_Ahmed wrote:

Thank you for the quick response, I think the reason for the problem was some upgrade work in the area (CityFibre is coming.) I often have to reboot my hub 2 and it doesn't cover the whole house. I thought I'd get a new hub because the message says they are giving a free upgrade to customers with older hubs. 

they are, and you can have a new one.. but you may not find it improves performance much.. all of the hubs have poor wifi.. it could be an issue with the underlying connection or it could just be crap wifi..

have you done any testing over a wired connection and do you still get drops when wired?

0 Kudos
Ajaz_Ahmed
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I haven't got any device with RG45 or USB, my Mac Air is USB-C. Let's wait and see what the new router is like. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I type this on my Macbook Air which I can connect easily to the router by ethernet cable - I often do so to check speeds - its not difficult.

Get a USBc to RJ45 etghernet adapter and a length of Cat6 cable.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos