Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How to get a Hub 3 -

The Virgin Media Connect Ap seems to want me to get a Hub 3 at no extra charge (I currently have Hub 2) though I'm not sure why .  I presume it will be an improvement on Hub 2, so I followed the link.  It directs me to a site which says ooops I can't get it online.   Trying to avoid phoning, but is that the only way to get a Hub 3? 

And will it be worth it anyway? It would if it were faster of more powerful than Hub 2, but some seem contributers  seem to be doubtful.  I'm not getting great speeds  (in fact everytime I upgraded it got slower), especially on my Desktop.  But then, that only uses the  "2G".   "5G" on the newer Android Tablets is not too bad. 

PS I have been with Virgin Media since time immemorial, since Comcast and before. But seem to be forking out rather a lot.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get a Hub 3 -

Whatever hub you have/get it always better to put them into modem mode and use your own router or mesh system

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice, appreciated.  

However, I think it unlikely I would get an additional router as the Hub 2 is adequate though not great and could do with boosting in some parts of the house.

It's not practical unfortunately to make a wired connection - it's a long way to the desktop -  the original broadband installer didn't want to do it.

X.T.

At this point in time I don't know what a mesh system is.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

PS.   Volta.  I think your answer was helpful but I had to unmark my "helpful" designation , as it caused the issue to be marked as "solved"

X.T.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Xasperay_Ted,

Thanks for posting your query about the Hub 3. I've had a look at your details using the information we have on here and can see that everything is fine with your connection. You mentioned that some parts of the house is a little spotty with the WiFi and sure some WiFi boosters will be able to help with that. 

Our Connect App currently only works with our Hub 3 and not the Hub 2 however you're still able to use the WiFi Boosters on the Hub 2.  There  maybe a subscription charge for the Boosters and please see this link (scroll to the bottom) for more details and get back to us. We can also send a replacement Hub 3 for you.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos