Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get WiFi Pods

balckgeorge
Tuning in

How do I get a Virgin WiFi Pod?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

167 REPLIES 167

Absolutely agree. Select few have had a response from a moderator. I gave up waiting and finally got through on the phone. I was told I would have a pod delivered on the 26th October. Nothing arrived and still waiting. 
I am back to not being able to get a response as to where the pod is. 
Terrible service. 
I have been a VM customer for over 10 years but seriously thinking of looking at other service providers. 

Hear, hear!

No doubt the customer service has gone downhill big way since O2 merger and it is now so difficult to get hold of a CS rep to resolve issues.VM boasts for its WIFI guarantee and speed increase in every communication. In reality, it is so hard for customers to actually get them.

Hey moghm thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some issues with trying to order a pod.

Our WhatsApp chats can take up to 24 hours for a reply sorry.

The best way to get a pod order is download the Virgin Connect app, from here do a scan.

If the scan picks up that you need a pod it will allow you to order some.

However they can be chargeable depending what package you on.

They are free on Volt, 1GB or Oomph bundles. 

Please let me know how you get on. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

The app didn't give me an option to order one directly, even after having done the scans and it concluding that I needed one.  I eventually got through to get one ordered via the in app chat, but that was 4 weeks ago and I still haven't received it.  When this WiFiMax guarantee is a big part of the marketing it's a bit rubbish that VM fail to deliver on it.

I reconsidered joining Virgin Media Broadband. It was a fantastic deal but I just wasn't sold on the service, reliability etc....

So I wanted to cancel, was very difficult to do that. I tried phoning & was passed around so many times to different departments & gave up. So I ended up having to contact the head office, even then was problematic. 

I am relieved that I was able to get a good deal to stay with Sky. It might not be the fastest but there's no gamers in out house so its fine for streaming, plus we have a Sky Wifi booster....

Good luck to all of you stuck with virgin media, I think its horrendous that they don't provide the pods without huge difficulty. I assume there has to be at least some people who have them...

Hey GoochyB, 

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your pod order, I would be happy to help you get a pod order but to do that I would need to take you to private messaging to confirm your account details and pass account security. I will drop a message over, please look out for it and we can get started.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

Could you help me get one, had Virgin Broadband put in this week but the signal to the office near the back of the house is very weak and its where I need the internet the most.

thanks,

Jason

Why hasn’t anyone messaged me

Hi all, just got my second WiFi pod delivered but it looks dead. No light coming on at all. Tried different sockets etc but nothing. 

Anyone had this problem and managed to fix it or have I get a dead one? 

If so, how can I get a replacement without calling and being on hold for a few hours?   

Cheers

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @neilp1979 

The pod light should have flashed briefly  for a minute or two. Then it should pair with your hub and the light should go out.

It takes around 24 hours to fully sync with your equipment.

With the pod(s) you should be aware of the following requirements for the pods to work with the Hubs.

The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'
Channel Optimisation must be left on
The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled
The SSID must be password protected
The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match
As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pods will automatically connect to your Hub's WiFi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pods will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect up the devices in the home. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali