Menu
Sandy06
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How to change to connect to 2.4Ghz

Some of my devices have stopped working since I got Virgin broadband. I have done some research and it appears that I need 2.4Ghz instead of 5Ghz. 
i have no idea which one is currently on as the name of the Wifi doesn’t tell me anything. 
Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to change to connect to 2.4Ghz

Both bands will be broadcasting the same SSID and password.

You can login to the hubs admin page and change them though to split/separate them. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Sandy06
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for your quick response.

I’m new to Virgin (couple of days) so don’t laugh but the Hubs admin page? Where is it and what is it? 
sorry but I had Sky and I had two different WiFi’s and I connected to whatever one I wanted as they were already separated 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

if your devices only support 2.4ghz that is all they will see and connect too they will not even know the 5ghz is there

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sandy06
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I see but they clearly do not connect at all when they used to with another provider 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Go to 192.168.0.1 in a browser and login with the admin password on the base of the hub. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos