Menu
Samzon
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

How to change my IP?

Hello,

I'm online entertainer which I'm vulnerable to attacks. Someone has my IP address and is constantly hitting my internet off. How do I go about changing my IP address to prevent this attack from happening? I'm tried phoning 150 but nobody is answer saying the team is busy.

I have no internet whilst this person is attacking my IP.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to change my IP?

Only way is to put the Hub into modem only mode that gives an i.p. change. Obviously you will have to use your own wireless router as well if you want that connectivity

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Samzon
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response. So there is no way to permanently prevent this guy from attacking me without changing to modem mode?
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I don't know... but VM wont help you do it - others on this forum will know what you can do (if anything) and hopefully will comment soon.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Samzon
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

how do i enter my hub whilst in modem mode to change back if needed? 192.168.0.1 doesn't work whilst in modem mode.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

its 192.168.100.1

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Samzon wrote:
how do i enter my hub whilst in modem mode to change back if needed? 192.168.0.1 doesn't work whilst in modem mode.

When the hub is in modem mode the IP address for it is 192.168.100.1

You should be able to log into it at that address and change to router mode.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

There are various websites showing the steps to take in tackling a DOS/DDOS attack, if that's what this is.

Are hosting a webserver on your own (VM) IP address ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Samzon
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

what steps? i don't see any other option to prevent this other than have someone change my IP or modem mode like the guy above stated.
0 Kudos