Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How to Obtain a Router Upgrade

Does anyone know how to contact Virgin to request an upgraded router. I currently have 2.0 and it's getting pretty old now and I'm pretty sure it's the reason we are having intermittent connection problems and drop outs. I've tried the messaging service however, once the bot has got bored and passed me on to a human, nothing seems to happen.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to Obtain a Router Upgrade

Hello

You can try ordering one yourself at https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tried that. I just get a message "Oops - We can't change your package online"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Tiger173 wrote:

Tried that. I just get a message "Oops - We can't change your package online"

You’ll need to call in then

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

But, does anyone have the number to call. As I navigate the Virgin site, I either get directed to order it online (which doesn't work) or to the messaging service (which doesn't seem to work either). I can't seem to find a number anywhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

0345 454 1111

The one on the contact page

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Try texting VM on 07533051809.

At least you won't be on hold!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Getting “oopsed” usually means you are on an old package that the computer cant recognise so they want to speak to you about it.

As said try calling in - it will be a coin toss whether the agent knows about the scheme. If they do they will just say "ok we will send one out" (there may be a delivery charge) - or - they say "oh no, that's an upgrade there will be a charge and it starts a new contract". Neither of those statements in correct - so just say no thanks and leave the call.

If that and texting doesn't get you success, then a VM person should pick this up here and sort the swap for you, but it can take several days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that.

I'll give it a go.

0 Kudos