Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How often does Virgin clear the Cache?

Hoping someone can help me my main question is how often does the cache get cleared or can I do it on my router somehow as I'm trying to work on my website but last week it was down now it's been fixed at the server-side I can see it on 4G mobile but virgin is still showing last weeks site, iv tried clearing my cache on my browser but it is like virgin is showing my site from last week.  is showing it is suspended. https://promount-tv-brackets.co.uk/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi but it is fine on 4G can anyone help, please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: How often does Virgin clear the Cache?

try https://promount-tv-brackets.co.uk

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

When i do the url i showed is what i see its what was wrong with my site last week, but when i look on my phone 4G its fine for some reason virgin cached it and now im looking for how i can get them to update or empty there cache as i cant get on the site to update and work on it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin is showing the suspended account warning that I had last week on my site. the website is no longer suspended as I had a server issue but virgin is showing the suspended version if you see what I mean. I'm guessing it's just in my area as siteground are the ones that said check it off your wifi and they were correct its virgin thats showing a week old version of my site and i tried resetting my router and it did nothing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Try using a different DNS server such as Google’s free public DNS.

Then clear your browser cache and revisit the site.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm seeing a working website (I use Cloudflare DNS):

Screenshot_2020-02-01 TV Wall Mounting Services Near Me - TV Bracket Installation.jpg

M350 over FTTP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Help? Did you find a solution - I have exactly the same problem - trying to update my website and can only see changes on my phone with WIFI off!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Sueryan13 wrote:
Help? Did you find a solution - I have exactly the same problem - trying to update my website and can only see changes on my phone with WIFI off!

Ask your web host if they’re blocking your public IP and if so ask them to unblock it. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos