Menu
Bethstratts7
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How long does it take for the construction team to arrive?

We moved into our first home and organised for WiFi to be connected on 26th May.

A man came had a look at the front of our window the day before and then we had a notification that this was delayed.

A team came a week later and they were unable to get the metal cover off the cable box in the pavement. So told us that the construction team would have to come. 

Every day on the app it is rescheduling the work. 

Its now been over a month, and back and forth calls. Being told different things, no one able to help us, being told the local council need to approve the work.

I work from home, virgin have provided us with a sim card to hot-spot Internet, however it is so slow and I'm finding it very hard reaching my deadlines with work. 

Does anyone know how long this process takes?  Where we need to go to escalate this?

Feeling slightly desperate and stressed at this point. 

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How long does it take for the construction team to arrive?

I think depending on what is needed, council planning etc (for digging): It can take 6+ weeks!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Bethstratts7
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How long does it take for the construction team to arrive?

Oh really that long 😮

It's the large metal cable cover on the pavement which they are not able to remove to do the cable work to our property.

It's strange really as our neighbours got fitted with the full package last week, 24 Hour after ordering the service 😅 

Thanks for your reply, hopefully not much longer to wait now! 

0 Kudos