cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does one change a Hub 4 Password in a MacBook?

CThaja
Tuning in

I just bought and connected up a Hub 4. I have connections to the Internet but would like to re-name the network and the password. I can't find any information on this can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you goslow. However, at the very first step (putting in my hub password) I come a cropper! I am told that the password is incorrect, when it manifestly isn't! What should I do?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Thank you goslow. However, at the very first step (putting in my hub password) I come a cropper! I am told that the password is incorrect, when it manifestly isn't! What should I do?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Make sure you are using the 'Settings password' marked with the red rectangle here on the RHS image

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-configure-advanced-settings-on-your-hub#hub3orhub4

and not the wi-fi password.

You are totally correct! It was my "bad" I did not realise that there is a "Settings Password" different from the "WiFi Password" which was sent to me by Virgiin Media in a card. When the error message came, it would have been helpful if there had been a comment like yours. When I looked,I assumed that the "WiFi Password" was what was required. 

Before I saw your message of correction, I corrected my error and quite succesfully went through the process you had kindly indicated and everything worked fine. Many thanks!