Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How do you get a Virgin Media WiFi booster?

My WiFi coverage is patchy in some rooms. I see VM recommends its own branded booster and I can see the tech spec and installation instructions. How do you get one? Are they free to VM broadband customers or is there a charge?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do you get a Virgin Media WiFi booster?

You can use the "Connect" App to detect black spots and order the booster from there.
They are free on some of the top packages but a £3/mo charge for lesser ones (not sure which).
Some (me) would say that there are better solutions available if you dont mind buying your own kit - if they are free - give 'em a go.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do you get a Virgin Media WiFi booster?

Whether they are free or not seems to depend on your package.  If you have to pay for them, then they are very poor value.  I'd suggest considering investing your own money in a mesh wifi system or a decent router, and putting the VM hub in modem mode .  For ultimate performance, control and fiddlability, buy a premium router.  For the easiest and ost effective way of fixing patchy wifi, buy a mesh wifi system.  I decided mesh was the way forward, but being a skinflint I did my research and chose the TP-Link Deco M4 (about £75 from Argos when I bought it), and I'm delighted with the performance.  But there's plenty of other options available, so maybe do a search in these forums and see what comments there are for those different options. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos