Menu
mervtheswerv
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How do you add devices to the superhub 4?

I have several devices running from the Superhub 4, but there are a few that are not being picked up by the Router. I recently was in touch with VM and they did some resets to the hub. I am online and have my TV, but my HP officejet is not being picked up, or my Kindle fire. I recently have lost one of my CCTV camera's which are Ethernet connected.

I tried adding the MAC address but that comes up and says a device with the same address is already in use. I am getting nowhere with this Router.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do you add devices to the superhub 4?

lots of problems with the hubs you can fix most stuff by putting it in modem mode and get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
mervtheswerv
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alessandro.
The Superhub 4 is working. I have several devices running on it. Other devices will run on another Router. The problem is trying to add the devices to the Superhub 4. There is no information on how to do that. At present I am trying various different methods. So far I have been unsuccessful. Thanks for your help though.
Mervyn.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The Hub4 like to Hub3 only transmits a signal SSID name for both bands and I have seen Kindles having your problem before. What you need to do is go into the settings and give the bands different SSID names like xxx-2 and xxx-5. You should then be able to connect to xxx-2 on the Kindle.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
mervtheswerv
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alessandro. Will have a go at that.
0 Kudos