Menu
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do i contact Virgin media?

Wired? Wifi?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 12 of 28
Flag for a moderator

You need to provide more info to allow people to try and help and diagnose your issue first 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 13 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 2. Goes dead on ethernet and wifi. Drops off intermittently, has been doing this for a long time but now more frequently and for longer periods of downtime. I do the usual thing of turning the router off waiting a few mins and rebooting, but still an ongoing issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 28
Flag for a moderator

You could be due an upgrade (side grade really) to a Hub3

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 28
Flag for a moderator

If you PM me your account number and area reference, I will get a new hub sent out to you

Regards

Rich

Here to help! I'm a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 16 of 28
Flag for a moderator

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus sorry for late response! this site should help you with your needs and queries

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

Jordan

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 17 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Jordan, how is pasting a link to page which basically states all your services are limited because of COVID in anyway helpful? I've already had the misfortune of going around in circles on that page, it was actually the opposite of helpful - which is why I've ended up here. 

Gary, Rich thank you for your responses  - With regards to a new hub, why would this make a difference - how does the new hub differ from super hub 2, especially in terms of providing more reliable connectivity?

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 18 of 28
Flag for a moderator

It’ll be more “reliable” than the older SH2 you currently have, but don’t expect blazing performance.

As always recommended on here, it’s best that people run in modem mode with their own router connected. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 19 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Dont need huge performance, not gaming or anything. I am trying to work though, which requires a constant connection. 

The other thing I'm after is a boost in wifi connectivity at the rear of the house. I have home plugs for ethernet connection upstairs - Are there home plugs available for boosting of wifi signal..? If so can you recomend a solution please

Rich - I have pm'd you re router - can you please confirm when it will be sent. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 20 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Powerlines (or homeplugs) are only good if you have a good mains electrical circuit running throughout.

Other options are to get a better router, or look into a Mesh system like BT Whole Home.

0 Kudos