Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How do I upgrade my router?

Hello,

We've been with Virgin for a while now and haven't upgraded our router in a fair few years.

Performance is slow and often drops off completely and it is getting more and more frustrating, especially now we are working from home and trying to school the kids.

I have seen routers with and without modems for sale and wifi extenders/mesh systems, but want to make sure what I get is compatible with Virgin Media.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I upgrade my router?

What hub do you currently have?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I upgrade my router?

If you have a superhub, you could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3/4's.

It works first time for a lot of customers, but if you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then come back here for more assistance.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos