Menu
LindaJ12
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How do I speak to someone regarding a complaint

I have been having problems with my WiFi for the past 6 months. It keeps cutting out Every time I phone and they do the test at the beginning of the call they say you have a problem and send me a link. When I click on the link it usually says the problem is solved. Today when I called and eventually got through to someone he had me reset the hub and said my WiFi is working. The problem is it keeps doing it. I asked for a technician to call out and was told he can't do that. I asked to speak to his supervisor/manager he said I couldn't. I then asked to be put through to cancellations I was then out on hold. The call started at 16.23, he put me on hold at 17.10 insat in hold till 18.15 when the call was cut off or terminated. I am disgusted with the way I have been treated. Virgin have doubled our bill in the last year and now fell me our bill is going up again in March! Absolutely not acceptable. I would like someone to contact me regarding cancellation and also some sort of compensation as we have been with for at least 10 years, probably more. 

Linda Barr (Rankin)

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I speak to someone regarding a complaint

if your issue is just on wifi - note that VM (& all other BB providers) provide a service that is guaranteed TO the Hub and what comes out from it on an ethernet cabled device. They all expressly exclude guaranteeing wifi connections - as it is so influenced by the external environment. Even BT with its glossy ad's saying wifi is “guaranteed”, also charge £10/month for that and say that if it isn’t sorted they will just give you £100 back. VM try and help with swapping the Hub (just in case!) and providing pods etc., but the reality is, that if the Hub wifi doesnt work well for you then you are far better sourcing your own wireless equipment.

You could try separating the SSID's of the 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bands and switching off "channel optimisation" - that often helps Hub3 users get better wifi performance - but its still no substitute for better kit.

But of course you may have a connection issue - so if you connect a computer/laptop directly to the Hub by ethernet cable what happens on that when the wifi connections drop?

If you want to cancel...

1. Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 options 1,1,4,4, from any phone - they are still picking up - calling at 08.00 (09.00 Sun) is the best time

2. In writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG. Include name address and all account details.

Do it by registered mail with a receipt for signature on arrival.

Some information on cancelling & the early disconnection fees you may be charged are here...

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I speak to someone regarding a complaint

Hi there @LindaJ12

Welcome to our Community and thanks for your first post - I am sorry that you're having some issues with your connection at the moment and struggling to get the help you need. Is it just the WiFi that is causing you issues at the moment? 

When checking your account I can see that you have one of our older Hubs but this should still be working for you. We can see it's been just over 2 days since you last rebooted. All your signal levels are where we would expect them to be, we have no errors showing and no known area issues listed. 

You do have a lot of devices connected over WiFi for the package you are on - are you able to test wired connections for us at all as we can't see any connected at the moment. 

It may also be helpful to set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts.  It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of your connection. If you need any help with that please let us know.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos