Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do I get an engineer?

For the last 24 hours it has not been possible to connect to my wifi. I have rebooted, reset, checked connections, been through all the tests using the app. None of my family's devices are connecting.

I phoned 0345 454 1111 and an autmated service allegedly tested the line and told me I needed to reboot (I have lost count how many times I have done this - it doesn't make a difference).

The automated message also tells me they are very busy with calls. It then says their call centres are closed due to Covid-19 and that I should use the online option - which as I mentioned, does not work.

I am entirely dependent on the internet for work. I therefore need to book an engineer asap. Can anyone please advise how I can actually speak to someone? Thank you in advance

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I get an engineer?

Does a wired connection work?

what are the lights on the hub doing?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your quick reply. I do not have the right cables for a wired connection yet as I have no ethernet port on my laptop, will pick one up tomorrow.

The hub looks normal - single white power light

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachakc1, 

Thank you for getting in touch an apologies for the delays. 

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing problems with the WiFi service and connecting devices. 

Are you experiencing this issue on all devices or any ones in particular?

Also have you been able to run a test via a wired connection?

Let us know and we will be happy to assist 🙂 

Nat
0 Kudos