Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

How do I get a new router?

I've been trying to get a new router since May and somehow none of the many people I have spoken to on Message us, the ones I have spoken to on text or the phone number I have rung have resulted in me getting one.

At least 4 people have confirmed that I need one but I am not getting anywhere. How do I get one?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I get a new router?

for what purpose do you need a new one?
that might help with how this is repsonded to.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've been told my current one is faulty and that I should be able to get a new one. I'm not looking for troubleshooting tips as this has been going on since February and I've done as many as I have patience for. I am a QA Technician so have researched and followed all the steps.

I'm just looking for Virgin staff to point to the way to get it replaced. I have yet to speak to anyone that is in a position to actual arrange it but they have confirmed it needs replacing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

told by whom?
if by virgin then you would call CS and report a fault and it will be swapped out if it's confirmed as being fault.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried actually talking to someone at CS since the pandemic? I have text messages that say if I ring CS it will get replaced and then when I ring I can't get to speak to a person.

I've also been told on the Message Us that I should get a replacement and then when they put me through I end up waiting for hours and no reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

ok at this point i'll leave you to it.

i've asked what the fault is - gone unanswered.
i've asked who told you it needed replaced - gone unanswered or purposely vague.

if you call at the right time of the day you'll get talking to someone, however you'll need to answer those questions, they won't swap it out if you just tell them you been told it needs replaced.

good luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Call in at 08.00

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The lines are open and more people get through than those that (apparently) don’t. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Mine had a fault. I phoned up three days ago, now I have a new one

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That's very reassuring @Ashg. I finally got through and we did a loopback test and it was confirmed that it is faulty. I am supposed to be receiving one today but oddly have not received the dispatch notice she said I would receive. I'm guessing it's not coming.

0 Kudos