cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a new Hub 5?

hillfoot25
Joining in

Hello there,

I've been looking for a way to get a Hub 5, but the live chat feature doesn't work and Virgin's call service just texts me a link to diagnose potential problems, however, I don't have any problems. I do need a Hub 5, though, as the Hub 4 only has a 1G Ethernet port and for my work I need a 2.5G port.

Am I eligible? I'm a Gig1 customer with the Ultimate Volt bundle and I got my installation just before the Hub 5 became the default installation router.

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

carl_pearce
Community elder

HUB 5s are in short supply currently so I wouldn't hold up much hope.

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Hillfoot25 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear you are lacking the ethernet ports you need for work requirements on your Hub 4. For anyone seeing this thread for the first time you can compare the specifications of the hub's via our website here 👉 Virgin Media Hub 3, Hub 4 & Hub 5 | Hub Swaps & Upgrades

Sadly as the community have advised we do have a limited supply of HUB 5's currently, and so we would not be able to send one out at request at the moment - particularly as you have advised there is no fault with your hub 4. We will be upgrading customers to the Hub 5 as and when we are able to, and this will prioritise customers with faults, and those on the 1gig service. Sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused! I can appreciate this may be frustrating news. 

If you decide you would like to use the Hub 4 in Modem mode with your own alternative router providing different ethernet ports for your work requirements, you may find this community thread helpful 👉 Hub 4 modem mode - Virgin Media Community - 4921682
Let us know if you do have any issues with the Hub 4, and if there is anything else we can offer advice or support with! Thank you for your understanding. All the best! 

Molly

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hillfoot25 wrote:

..... .and for my work I need a 2.5G port.

Why?

What are you doing that requires that ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.