Menu
Tiesys1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do I get a Wi FI booster

Hi,

I have a black spot on my Wi Fi and need to order a booster, but when I go through the Virgin app, it takes me to the point where I am being asked to commit to a contract. The app goes on to tell me to phone the help line if there are any unexpeted amounts of money shown that I am being asked to commit to (I have only just signed a contract).

Ringing the help line (and using Chat) is no better than contacting SKY for help!!!

Anyone any ideas??

Thanks

0 Kudos
Darlington
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I get a Wi FI booster

Hi,

I had a problem with needing to boost signal upstairs so I bought a TP LInk Range Extender  https://amzn.to/2WIYeoN

It was real easy to set up using app on phone. You set it up in room with rooter in a plug close by then when connected just unplug and move to near where you need signal boosted and plug in and it should reconnect. I put mine at top of stairs on landing and whole upstairs has a good signal now.

I have a new Virgin superhub which is dual band and plug only works with 2.4Ghz so you just have to go into superhub router page and separate the two bands so it can find the 2.4Ghz otherwise if you have  a superhub and are unsure how to set the two bands then get a dual band extender. It shows on the page I have given link to just further down but they cost a little more but not expensive.

0 Kudos
Tiesys1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thanks for the reply,

But the question I am asking is how I get Virgin to ship me a free Wi Fi booster.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Anna_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Tiesys1.

Welcome to our community.

If the scan finds a blackspot, you can order a WiFi Booster, at no extra monthly cost for Virgin Fibre customers with Full House TV or VIP package (as advertised)

Were you able to uninstall and reinstall the app? Are you still getting the message that you are going to have a contract after ordering a booster? If that doesn't resolved, you can also order a booster on our web chat team. We just need to confirm some details first. We can do this via online chat.

Let us know if there's anything else.

Anna_B

0 Kudos