Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How can i replacement hub

Hi all

Any idea how to get hold of someone at VM, my hub is constantly loosing wifi service. The lan connections are still working but the WiFi network just disappears from all devices and doesn't show up in any searches, its as if it just stops broadcasting.

I can reset the hub and it will work again for a while then do the same again, I had this issue in the past and the engineer said that the hub was faulty and replaced it.

Thanks 

Michael 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can i replacement hub

What hub do you currently have?

Does it happen over any particular distance?

Have you tried 60 second pinhole resetting the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If your ethernet is working to full speed, VM have fulfilled their side of the contract.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The problem with Wi-Fi is that it can be brilliant at breakfast time and useless by lunchtime and you haven't changed anything, BUT, something, somewhere has changed, then you can spend hours and even days trying to find a fix for something that can be totally out of your control.

If you remove all the internal walls, water, electronic and electrical devices, metallic pipes and conduits and wrap the whole building in a thick lead shield you will have a good chance of getting decent Wi-Fi from an ISP Hub.

Just a few things that can affect Wi-Fi in the average home …

Mirrors, furniture, fish tanks, people, radiators, walls (some more than others), cordless phones, baby monitors, microwave ovens, fridges & freezers, TVs, next doors Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi equipment, DAB transmitters, the list is endless.

Many people have accepted that the VM Wi-Fi is poor and have purchased third party equipment that is much, much more powerful than the VM supplied kit and once set up have wondered why they waited for so long.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi mj82, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you're having issues with the hub, Can you confirm if you are still having issues with this? Have you managed to get a replacement? If so, how is the new hub? Chris 

0 Kudos