Menu
Big-Kev1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How can i get a wifi booster

Being a new customer I'm not sure how I can get a booster for the wifi. I had one previously with sky as the signal at the far end of the house us not great.

Any help is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How can i get a wifi booster

Virgin offer Wifi pods that are only free to customers on the Ultimate Oomph or Gig1 bundles.

Otherwise they cost a non financially viable £5 per month. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you still have your Sky booster try using that. You might have to reset it and use the Virgin SSID  and password

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sky boosters will only extend the 2.4Ghz band on non-Sky Broadband routers.

And most of the time you can’t connect to it as it looks for a Sky Router specifically to work. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I suppose the simple answer is Amazon. I have used a TP-Link AC1750 range extender for several years and it has helped boost the wifi in rooms further from the router (an old VM Hub 2). This is not a recommendation. I am just relating my experience. There are lots of range extenders on the market, some apparently better for dealing with individual situations than others. Maybe the experts here can help point in a useful direction.

Very recently, my wife has had an issue after an update of her Samsung mobile which has not affected my Apple mobile. Her mobile occasionally and unaccountably loses wifi at distances from the router where previously it had been fine. I am not sure why this is happening. I have reconnected the range extender to the router but it has not solved the problem.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@ahrbee wrote:

I suppose the simple answer is Amazon. I have used a TP-Link AC1750 range extender for several years and it has helped boost the wifi in rooms further from the router (an old VM Hub 2). This is not a recommendation. I am just relating my experience. There are lots of range extenders on the market, some apparently better for dealing with individual situations than others. Maybe the experts here can help point in a useful direction.

Very recently, my wife has had an issue after an update of her Samsung mobile which has not affected my Apple mobile. Her mobile occasionally and unaccountably loses wifi at distances from the router where previously it had been fine. I am not sure why this is happening. I have reconnected the range extender to the router but it has not solved the problem.

Extenders only extend an already poor signal further.

0 Kudos
Big-Kev1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks all. I'm on oomph so I see what they are offering. 

Cheers 

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Apologies. In my ignorance, I assumed booster meant extender. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@svhpaul wrote:

Sky boosters will only extend the 2.4Ghz band on non-Sky Broadband routers. And most of the time you can’t connect to it as it looks for a Sky Router specifically to work.

Thanks for copying my post 🙄

0 Kudos