Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How can I speak to a person?

My internet has been intermittently down since Saturday. 

No internet at all Saturday morning until Sunday afternoon. Came back on at this point but very low speeds. Remained like this until around 7pm tonight when it has gone again. 

There is power to the hub (superhub 2a) but the green arrow light is flashing and a blue tick.is flashing too. 

I've tried calling Virgin, emailing, texting, online chat etc but I can't actually speak to a person,just automated messages or autobots.

These recognise that there's a fault, but then do nothing to rectify it. 

How do I speak to an actual person?

Or any tech advice on how to fix this would also be appreciated. I've tried turning off and on, resetting, replugged all wires etc

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I speak to a person?

There is no shortcut method of contacting anyone.

You can either phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum - which wasnt working earlier today!), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Hanner_spanner

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you;ve been having some service issues and have had issues contacting us to report them and get them checked out. 

I have been able to locate your account and can see that you have since managed to chat with us - we have sent you a replacement hub and also you have had a technician visit. All seems to be looking ok from here since the visit so I do hope that all is well at home? 

I see that it's been around 5 days since the hub was last rebooted - we have no known area issues and no errors showing from this end. All signal levels are where they should be. If you're still having issues, please do get back in touch. 

If you (or anyone reading this thread!) ever needs to contact us, you can do so on 150/03454541111 or you can pop us a text on 07533051809

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos