Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How can I get a signal booster?

I moved house in April and I've never been able to use my office as an office because the signal is rubbish.  I get that service is stretched because of covid, so I've tried to be patient and do what I can to sort it but I'm not getting anywhere and my patience is running thin. 

I downloaded the connect App and that told me I need to get a signal booster (And that it would be free), but then it won't let me order a signal booster because the link is broken.  I've tried it time and time again since moving but it still won't' let me order one.

So I've tried to get hold of someone but I'm kept waiting for so long that the battery on my home phone won't outlast the queue.

I've sent messages and complaints but I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere, so I turn to the forum.

Any ideas?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I get a signal booster?

Unless you are on the 1 Gig / Hub 4 service the VM Boosters cost £3 / month.

You would be a lot better off getting your own more powerful third party Router or Mesh System.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kamcgeehan, 

Thank you for posting to the Community and our apologies for the delay in response. 

We can arrange for the booster pack to be order but as MikeRobbo has stated, there may be a charge applicable. 

For more information regarding the boosters and how they work please click here

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Thanks 

Nat
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If they are £3/month dont get them - use that money to get a decent Mesh system that will be yours to keep forever.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've sorted a mesh out. 

Cheers everyone

0 Kudos