Menu
Highlighted
Just browsing
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How can I create a port forwarding in Hub 3.0?

I have done some research and, so far, I understand it is not possible to create port forwarding rules in the Hub 3.0, I am on the IPv6 firmware version.

Some of the threads I have found online say I need to request a firmware upgrade (downgrade, really) to the IPv4 version. Is this so?

Other threads suggest I need to put the Hub 3.0 in modem only mode and let my particular rules be handled by my own router.

What is the best scenario?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I create a port forwarding in Hub 3.0?

Hello

VM for their residential service in the UK have not implemented IPv6. Therefore any IPv6 setting you see on the Hub3 are irrelevant.

Otherwise follow - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-set-up-port-forwarding-port-triggering

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just browsing
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your input!

Do you reckon it would be the same in Ireland?

The link you offered instructs to go Advanced settings > Security > Port forwarding. I have Advanced settings > Security > IP and Port filtering.

Cheers, Gus

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

I couldn't tell about Eire as this support forum is for UK customers. But with my knowledge if you are indeed on IPv6 then there is no port forwarding needed, as each device has its own IPv6 address.

Best place if your in Eire is https://www.virginmedia.ie/contact/ for all the support options.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hubs/connections in ireland are setup differently than ones here

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI, I am having the same problem..I got firmware ''upgrade' to ipv4 and now they are telling me that they don't support port forwarding. which is a deal-breaker for me. Have you had any luck?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@killerfitz wrote:
HI, I am having the same problem..I got firmware ''upgrade' to ipv4 and now they are telling me that they don't support port forwarding. which is a deal-breaker for me. Have you had any luck?

If you’re from IE then you’ll need to use your own support forum

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos