cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Report a Driver's Bad Parking?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday, one of your drivers parked on a grass verge across my drive, blocking our access to it yesterday for over an hour. This was between 4.40pm and 5.40pm, at a peak post-work time. My wife returned home from work, was unable to park on our drive and had to park on an adjacent street away from our house.

I watched the driver walk off to another street himself with equipment, so it appeared that he wasn't even working on a job on our road. We live at the end of a cul-de-sac and deal with enough poor parking from neighbours, we don't need your drivers treating the dropped kerb outside our driveway as an parking space.

I attempted to report this on the phone at the time in order to have someone call the man to move his van, but was on hold for the best part of an hour. When I did get through, I was not helped, just told the incident would be 'fed back'. Your call centre agent then attempted to end the call, despite not having asked for any details (town, street, registration plate, etc.). Not only that but it's not possible to complain about your anything related to your company without being a customer and signing up to some sort of account.

I'd like assurances that this driver doesn't now consider the outside of our house as his own private NCP whenever he is in the neighbourhood.

Please reply ASAP. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I park on my drive and have had cars block me in overnight in the past.

I need access on/off the drive 24/7 for a family member with a medical condition. Not being able to get out when I need to could cause a serious problem for that person.

The dropped kerb rule is there for good reasons.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

vmrunreliable
Superfast

Honestly?

This is brilliant, war, famine, terrorism all across the world and your wife had to walk 100 yards. Forget reporting this to Virgin Media, I'd be straight onto MI6 to report this first world atrocity, get Rishi to set up a Cobra meeting to plan how to never let this happen again 😂

goslow
Alessandro Volta

My original reply was split from the topic when it was moved from 'Community Natter' below ...

Who deals with parking enforcement in your area?

Parking across a dropped kerb is a parking offence. In my area, the homeowner can contact the local authority who will send a parking warden to issue a ticket as part of the local civil parking enforcement (CPE code 27).

Police interest is likely to be minimal but can vary from area to area (possibly greater chance of help if you are stuck on your drive and can't get out)

I park on my drive and have had cars block me in overnight in the past.

I need access on/off the drive 24/7 for a family member with a medical condition. Not being able to get out when I need to could cause a serious problem for that person.

The dropped kerb rule is there for good reasons.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We'll be reporting it to the council's parking enforcement. I just thought I'd give Virgin Media the chance to apologise and offer an explanation/resolution before doing so. Let's see if they bother replying.

Strange, usually the moderators are all over posts where threats of violence, antisocial behaviour and intimidation are involved, I wonder if they just missed this one - In my opinion, it takes a bit of a twisted mind to think up some of the things you have threatened to do so I'll flag it just to make sure.

Of course, it could also be that they realise since you hid trembling behind your curtain, too scared to make a simple request and ask the Virgin Media employee to simply move his van, that you are in fact just a keyboard warrior who's not really got the bottle to carry out any of his sick / twisted threats.

Hey Anonymous, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear this.

I am going to send you a PM to take some details off you so I can look at reporting this, please look out for my PM. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?