Menu
MartFarmer
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

House renovation

Renovating house, rewiring and installing cat6 to Setup Unifi network.

Need to move the virgin hub and relocate to the server cabinet 

can’t seem to get to speak to anyone at virgin so can anyone advise?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: House renovation

There will be a £99 flat rate charge for doing this.

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although some people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue. Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

You could also try the freephone number 0800 052 0422 to discuss your account and see if that gets you there

If there is no hurry, a VM person should pick this up here and book it for you, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you are installing new Ethernet cables it’s best to double up on the cables. Makes it much easier if you have trouble in the future or for expansion. I installed multiple cables years ago and now use some of them for LAGs between my Unifi switches.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello @MartFarmer.

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.

I can see that you have had the correct information given, are you still needing further help with this?

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos