cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible BQM latency spikes when gaming, slow loading internet - 1gig is terrible

Azimkar
Tuning in

Everything is in check but the BQM and latency spikes continue. Why is this service for garbage with latency spikes - is there a fix? I need an engineer out to investigate this and not just change the hub and call it a day. 

Azimkar_1-1694475614914.pngAzimkar_2-1694475640989.png

Azimkar_3-1694475652496.png

Azimkar_5-1694475736000.pngAzimkar_6-1694475745406.png

6 REPLIES 6

Azimkar
Tuning in

bump

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Your Hub stats are all normal and BQM are all normal. Many people have much worse than this. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

the BQM is not "normal", there are constant latency spikes which makes this connection completely useless for high performance. Why would I care what "many people have", what a useless comment.

BUMP any moderators to address this since Virgins phone lines are the most useless I've ever used.

Azimkar
Tuning in

Azimkar_0-1696495062954.png

Connection is completely unusable during peak hours, I will be reporting this to the ombudsman as Virgin and clearly overselling the connections in the area.

Client62
Legend

A curt response to a fellow customer's reasonable comments is seldom smart. 

I agree the BQMs and the Hub stats both look OK.

If you wish for any further assistance, we need an explanation of exactly what kit / service / business application failed to work satisfactorily.  Without this there is nothing more to discuss.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Azimkar 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Community Forums.

Before I begin, please be aware that "bumping" a post only delays the response times for you, and other members of the Forum and does not bring it to the top of our queuing system. In addition, the users who have responded to your post (jpeg1 and Client62), are both very knowledgeable when it comes down to our network and issues such as this.

I've taken a look on our side, and cannot see any problems identified on your local network, or within your area and as mentioned, your BQM doesn't identify any issues or cause for concern and is usually what is seen on standard day-to-day usage. The signal that your Hub is receiving is within specification, and I cannot see any disconnections. Because we are unable to identify any issues, we wouldn't be able to send a Technician out without you incurring a potential charge of £25.

So we can continue assisting you further, can you please provide us with more details? Are these issues occurring on WiFi, Ethernet or both connection types? What are the exact issues you are facing with your service? Is the issue on one device or multiple?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ