Menu
peteleeds
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Home phone and Hub4

Hi 

I've got Virgin Media TV, Broadband and Home Phone. At the moment I use home phone through the old phone socket in my hall and the line quality is terrible. The socket is also in a really inconvenient place.

Is it possible for me to use my home phone through my HUB4 instead please? If so, how do I do it?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone and Hub4

@peteleeds wrote:

Hi 

I've got Virgin Media TV, Broadband and Home Phone. At the moment I use home phone through the old phone socket in my hall and the line quality is terrible. The socket is also in a really inconvenient place.

Is it possible for me to use my home phone through my HUB4 instead please? If so, how do I do it?

You would need to be changed to a VoIP line - I gather that's only for new customers or those being migrated - see a previous thread on the topic here

Currently your phone line will be using a pair of wires from the Virgin Street Cabinet, running alongside the coax cable that provides TV and Broadband (same cable, moulded together).  The socket on the hub will be inactive.

You can try speaking to VM, or wait for a VM forum rep to check.

In the meantime if the home phone/landline isn't working properly report it to Virgin (150) - if the cable/wiring has gone bad the technician may migrate you to VoIP rather then trying to fix it?  

Check if your home wiring is OK first if applicable - is there another phone point near the Virgin cable entry, where it comes into the house?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Make sure you see this bit;

Home Phone Switchover team - available Monday to Saturday between the hours of 8am and 9pm on 0800 0529 425

It may be worth trying that number?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @peteleeds,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your landline quality. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to do our best to help. 

I have been unable to locate your account using forum details. Have you been able to contact with our team in regards to this? If so what was discussed? 

Also have you tried the great advise given by @g0akc

Please get back to us when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos