Menu
LINDY1957
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm..cant reach this page message

I'm connected to my Internet but getting the above message when I try to connect to schools seesaw app.  It says ..try checking the proxy firewall and secure dns configuration or try running Windows network diagnostics! Too many long words I've clicked on both but don't understand what to do

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hmmm..cant reach this page message

Can you reach other websites OK?

Do you have another device that you can try accessing via the app on?

It could be 'their' end.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
LINDY1957
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the reply. Like you say I think it's their end too! I can't reach any websites but I can get on them on my own laptop but I would rather my grandson used the one school gave him. School replaced it and the headmaster even spoke to their IT guy but to no avail. I'm pretty sure it's down to them not virgin media just thought I would get another opinion. Thanks for trying he's doing manual school packs for now.

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@LINDY1957 wrote:

Hi thanks for the reply. Like you say I think it's their end too! I can't reach any websites but I can get on them on my own laptop but I would rather my grandson used the one school gave him. School replaced it and the headmaster even spoke to their IT guy but to no avail. I'm pretty sure it's down to them not virgin media just thought I would get another opinion. Thanks for trying he's doing manual school packs for now.

Thinking aloud, the school may have set particular DNS constraints and maybe using DNS over HTTPS or something - schools will have web filtering to keep kids safe.  I'm not sure why that apparently isn't working on your VM connection - I would need to investigate.

I'd go back to the headmaster and school IT department for further advice. Explain it won't work on your connection.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos