cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hive Hub will not connect to virgin router

jameszuurbier
Joining in

I recently got a Hive central heating thermostat but the Hive Hub will not connect to my virgin router. It is connected via an Ethernet cable but the Hive Hub constantly flashes green which means it isn’t connected. I read a post saying I need to split the 5GHZ and 2.4GHZ networks, which I have done. But if I look at the settings page of my router the Hive Hub does not even show up on the list of connected Ethernet devices so I guess it isn’t being recognised or is blocked.

Hive said to me that perhaps the virgin router is blocking it and that I may need to “remove some blocks or shields” on my virgin router.

any advice would be helpful. 

thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

carl_pearce
Community elder

If you are plugged in via Ethernet there is no 'blocking' that takes place.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@jameszuurbier wrote:

I recently got a Hive central heating thermostat but the Hive Hub will not connect to my virgin router. <snip>

Which VM hub version are you using?

If you have a VM Hub 3, look where the ethernet cable from the Hive plugs into the VM hub. Is there a link light showing next to the ethernet plug? (Don't think the Hub 4 and 5 have any such lights).

Have you tried a different ethernet cable?

If you do a search on the word Hive in this forum, there is no shortage of past topics about Hive connection issues.

Thanks - my Virgin router is a 3.0

Yes there is a light showing next to the Ethernet socket on the virgin router. So it seems it is being recognised by the router?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The LED on the socket on the hub should flash to show data is being passed.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2