Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hitron DHCP question

Hi

We currently have an old 50Mb bundle and was considering upgrading to to the Voom Fibre2 option with one static IP and only using the Hitron router. Ie. not in bridge mode.

My questions are:

1. Are there still problems with the Hitron router and speeds when using a single static IP address through the GRE tunnel?

2. In this mode, does the Hitron come set up as a DHCP server with a /24

3. Does anyone have experience of how many users can concurrently use the Hitron before the router starts to have issues. I know most domestic routers start to have problems if there are around 50 or more trying to connect and receive a DHCP address.

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hitron DHCP question

Hello

I am afraid the best people to answer your questions is Business Support, this forum is for Virginmedia Consumer Support.

https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-in-touch/contact-us/

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike

My apologies!
I had thought that some of the posts were related to users using the Hitron for business purposes.
Also, I was hoping for some impartial advice rather than direct from Virgin Media where it might be biased.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Most of users here don't use that setup as consumer use the hub 3 etc, but from previous posts I am aware of the issues with regards to the speed and the GRE tunnel.

Yes the Hiron uses the /24 as default.

With the /24 netmask you should be able to get 200+ without much problems, the only problem you may have is the speed of the processor in the router struggling, I know a lot of people use it modem only mode, which will only work if you don't use the static IP addresses.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos