Menu
Sadsyndrome
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

High usage 330GB

Hi I got emaIl saying I use 330GB per Month! Asked two adult kids who said they rarely use it because WiFi so unreliable!! I use a lot for browsing but not really much else. Any idea why usage is so high and WiFi service is so unreliable... are these two facts linked? I have vip package with sky and BT sports

i am a techie (networking etc) so can run tests if required although I rarely use pc / laptop now as I have iPad and that does me.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: High usage 330GB

The poor wifi is unrelated - that's another issue - post a new thread if you want help on that.
I think the "330GB" is including the TV usage on catch up and movie streaming, etc., - if you have the V6?
That is, everything that comes via the internet rather than the coax. So e.g. a film, especially in HD, will use a few GB. there are a few recent threads on the forums where several people report similar (and higher!) usages and some explanation of how much each activity uses.  Here is one such

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/VM-says-I-use-518GB-a-month/td-p/3945200

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: High usage 330GB

Maybe why VM removed the download limit is because their calculation is off.

0 Kudos