cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High packet loss and unreliable connection for over 2 months

Jsp2023
Tuning in

Hi,

for the last 2 months (since mid July) my connection has been very spotty. Video calls are almost unusable, can’t play online games and devices connected to the wifi keep disconnecting. I’ve had no issues or complaints for over a year until then.

The average packet loss is over 20%, with spikes to 100%, and every other day the connection to the internet is completely loss for long periods of time (even hours).

I’ve already tried resetting the hub and all the usual troubleshooting. I tried contacting by phone but all I got was a robot sending me an SMS with a link that told me there were issues in my post code.

Hoping it would be a local issue I waited for it to be resolved, but it’s been too long now.

Just the packet loss ratio is bad enough, but the regular loss of all connection makes it unacceptable.

How can I get this resolved?

I attach a capture of today’s BQM

Jsp2023_0-1695074263528.png

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

The BQM image has not been released to view.
Images must not contain your Public IP or MAC address or any other personal info.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see the stats for Packet Loss / Latency / Jitter
Share a screen shot of the full test so show the packet loss.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jsp2023,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your connection recently. I've checked over things in our systems, and it appears that there's a known fault we're working on with a current estimated fix date/time of approximately 1pm on September 27th.

If your service issues continue beyond that then please let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Jsp2023
Tuning in

Hi @Zach_R, thanks for the reply.

It seemed to be better for a day or two after the 27th, but this last week it's been back to the high packet loss. In fact I'd say it got slightly worse because latency seems to have increased.

The Service Status website says everything is fine but, when I test it regardless, it says there're issues in my area.

I attach a screenshot of yesterday's BQM:

Jsp2023_1-1696710970069.png

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jsp2023 👋

Thanks for providing an update. I'm sorry to hear the issues have continued.

I've taken a look on our side, and can see you have had a Technician visit since posting, and the issues have been resolved. Please do let us know if you continue to experience any problems, and we'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi again.

I decided to wait a couple of days after the technician's visit to be sure it really got fixed before posting, and it looks like it has. 0.0% packet loss 😄

The technician said something about the load being unbalanced. We had new neighbours moving in a couple of months ago so maybe something went wrong when they got plugged in?

Anyway, I'm glad it wasn't anything serious or hard to fix. I should've requested a technician visit from the beginning.

Thanks for the help.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, Jsp2023.
Thanks for keeping the thread updated and for letting us know that it's all fixed for you now after the technician we sent out. That's great news! 

Please, do pop back here in case the problem is back by any chance although we hope you won't have to and your services will be as normal from now on.

Thanks again for taking the time for all your posts and replies, our best regards.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs