You will not get a response from VM for at least 2 days and they are only call processors not technicians. In any case if you are running in modem mode there is very little they can do unless you go back to router mode and then they can only really see the line stats. There are a lot of technical users on the board who can help you in the meantime, if you wish. My UDM-Pro always gets full speed using the Ookla speed test code I have installed on it. The Ubiquiti Speedtest results are unreliable in my view.
Please provide some stats and we can see the condition of the line.
How to get stats from a VM hub (no need to logon to the hub)
Open a web browser and go to 192.168.0.1 router mode or 192.168.100.1 modem mode
- Click on the “> Check router status” button
- Click on the “Downstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply, do not take a screen shot
- Click on the “Upstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply
- Click on the “Networking” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply.
- Do NOT post photos or screen shots they will be rejected as they contain MAC addresses. The board software will automatically change MAC addresses to **:** if done as above.
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2