cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High constant packet loss

Besty4290
Tuning in

Sorry if not in the correct section but I'm experiencing high packet loss which is making the internet unusable when it's happening. It is happening on both wired and wireless connections. Is there anything I can do to stop this happening?

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/be05495a02e236bc10f61d38505ee326af2acf8c

I've started the monitoring on the thinkbroadband website for proof and as you can see it's pretty constant.

I'm on the Gig1 fibre broadband option so it's quite frustrating!

9 REPLIES 9

revvit
Joining in

Hi Besty4290

Same here. It seemed to start 1 or 2 weeks ago, but didn't seem that bad. It started getting bad last week - I play Fortnite which has a monitor for packet loss and it's making this and other online games unplayable and is now impacting streaming services too - pauses, video quality degradation etc.

I added a broadband quality monitor in www.thinkbroadband.com. As you can see below I'm getting constant packet loss. I restarted the router to see if that would solve it and now it's even worse. I conducted the VM online test that didn't report any problems. I'm going to phone VM tomorrow.

7362090471bfc686036b5bf36abbd5348ebe5f98.png

Client62
Legend

Try with this test :

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/
Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see packet loss at the Hub and the device.

How much packet loss is shown at the Hub and the device ?

Did you have any luck? Mine is no better still getting awful packet loss here but a bit more intermittent than yours.

Screenshot 2023-08-16 170649.png

Hi @Besty4290 thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here with your connection.

We've ran some checks and there aren't any issues on the line at the time of writing - if things haven't stabilised over the next 24 hours , please report back and we can investigate this further for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi @Besty4290 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies you are having packet loss issues. Have you since managed to get this resolved or do you still require assistance. Please let us know, I will drop you a private message should you wish to respond there. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Besty4290
Tuning in

Have replied but still no progress. As you can see below still having the problems and it is incredibly frustrating.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/2310cbbbf5f8e5495acb247231de10a0d7...

Besty4290
Tuning in

Still not working...

Hi @Besty4290,

I can see that you've recently been discussing this matter further with one of my colleagues via private message.

Please respond to their last message there if you haven't done so yet and they'll be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!