Menu
Sam544
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

High Ping PS4 - very bad gaming experience

Hi, please help. I have been reading through some threads on here and researching why my latency is so bad when online gaming. It’s ridiculous and I’m wasting my money pay g for this service. Please see attached my BQM from a typical day.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/c016ae15485e05cea0f82c060e075134346af4f0

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Ping PS4 - very bad gaming experience

That looks typical of overutilisation and not much can be done to fix this, apart from VM increasing capacity in your area.
0 Kudos
Sam544
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So where do I stand in regard to my bill and contract? I’m paying for a service I cannot use. Is this because Virgin are allowing too many customers through one line? Will it help if I switch ISPs?

thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Sam544

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I've checked the systems today and it doesn't look like congestion currently. You do need a technician visit though as some of your broadband downstream levels are out of spec. 

You can find out more here on this visit

Let me know how the visit goes

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Sam544
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@John_GS 

Hi, thank you for persisting with my problem. I am very grateful. Hopefully the engineer visit will help.

Best regards 

Sam

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me @Sam544

You're more than welcome. Let me know how the visit goes as well 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Sam544
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_GS

The engineer came last Friday. Changed a couple of old fittings and adjusted some signal. However nothing has changed as far as online gaming goes. Screen still lagging all over and ping levels are way too high. The engineer said it’s down to there being a lot of customers in this area. As far as I’m concerned that is not my fault and I’m not happy with this service. I want out of my contract or at least reduce it to just tv bundle so I can change broadband providers. However I am not willing to pay up to £240 to exit a contract that I only signed up to in January. Please help.

kimd regards

Sam544

Tags (1)
0 Kudos