Menu
ipeelzz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

High Latency

virgin media.png

I called Virgin Media about the constant latency rate. I can't even work from home, which required to do. They stated that repairs are ongoing, been going on for a month and there's 'nothing they can do'. I've paid full price for broadband, that I can't even access 😄

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Latency

@ipeelzz wrote:

virgin media.png

I called Virgin Media about the constant latency rate. I can't even work from home, which required to do. They stated that repairs are ongoing, been going on for a month and there's 'nothing they can do'. I've paid full price for broadband, that I can't even access 😄

You pay for up to speeds.

Is there a fault code for this?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
ipeelzz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What do you mean? I have the highest package provided for my area, and latency (ms) goes way beyond a stable connection rate, unable to work from home. I believe the router is generally failing to input and output quick enough packets to stay at a stable rate. there's no error code, the chart is my flowing ping rate, and as you can see, there's high spikes everywhere on the chart.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Post the Network, Upstream and Downstream logs from the hubs admin pages back here as text.

What are you measuring latency with?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
ipeelzz
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/view/f4ea28948ec0fea5d92bd888f14dff8bd8b... - A very good source if I'm honest, I know people have been using it for a long time, I've seen this from other people with latency issues as well, if you'd to look into the latency topic on this community post.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You need to post the live share url.

And the hub stats requested. 

0 Kudos