cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Latency, packet drops and disconnection on WIRED and WIFI

buchosmambo
On our wavelength

Hi I am with VM for over a year now and I am getting constant disconnections on my 1Gb broadband - both wired and wireless. Its getting to the point where playing online games is impossible not to mention that this poor service negatively affects our working from home as myself, my son and my wife getting regular disconnections during the google meets, teams and so on. 

Hub data below - I will also paste BQM graphs as these are showing regular packet losses. Can anyone look at these and let me know if there is anything of concern from the data and graphs pasted?

Cable Modem Status Item Status Comments Channel Overview Downstream Upstream

Cable Modem Status
DOCSIS 3.1
Primary downstream channel
SC-QAM
DOCSIS 3.0 channels
DOCSIS 3.1 channels

87 REPLIES 87

See if its stable in modem mode

your live BQM looks fine 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @buchosmambo 👋.

Thanks for your post regarding your broadband issues, and we are sorry that you are not having the best of time with your service 😓. As @legacy1 (Thanks for the assist 👍) said, all the statistics that you have provided with the router are fine, we cannot see any issues there. But you have mentioned that we keep trying to contact you stating that we are unable to connect with your Hub5. 

Can we ask, do you have any third party devices connected in order to assist with boosting signal around your property, such as mesh network systems, secondary router? Any of these that may not be set up correctly for the hubs needs can cause further disruption of the receiving signal when using your devices along with the compatibility of the mesh network systems will be more of a hindrance rather than a helpful saviour. 

It was also mentioned that having the router in modem mode, which is optional, can cause a communication issue where we cannot monitor the health of your router and that would trigger us to contact you about it out of concern.

Keep us updated.

Hi I dont have any 3rd party devices connected to the hub like extenders etc. my set up is default set up provided by VM with two pods. 

i restarted the hub today as my son is working from the office but after restart I am unable to access any webistes on my iphone or work laptop. I am now constantly getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

This is becomming a thread to my work as now even my emails are not getting through!!!!!!!

Everything was working fine in terms of website accessibility until I restarted the hub today. This happens on both wireless and wired connection….

You telling me this is normal ? The last block between 6.30 and 8.00 am was probably initiated by me while restarting the hub but why does it take over 1h30m to get the hub to fully reconnect? 

First two blocks weren't initiated by me at all - clearly there was something wrong over the night .....This hub always takes well over hall hour to establish the connection but this time it broke the record.....

Websites seem to be working and are now accessible.... What a NIGHTMARE

buchosmambo_0-1680593134922.png

Thanks for your reply @buchosmambo 😊 That image would certainly indicate an issue with the connection. 

I have checked our system and can see that this disconnection is visible here, how are things looking for you now? I can see that the connection seems to be back to normal.

If you are still having issues, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

So this thing drives me mad now ….. how come since last power cut (from the point where broadband was restored) everything was perfect to the point where my ping was amazingly good to today when I my router restarted and now I hey to see this in connect app???? What is this all about?

85BD9F48-5DE4-4C89-8D90-14B4CD7E7A72.png

Hi buchosmambo,

Thank you for reaching back out, sorry to see you have been facing further issues, I was able to check our end and cannot see any issues, how have things been since your last post? 

Regards

Paul.

Hi I was away with work for few weeks. As I said before things were very nice until we lost power/ connection few weeks ago and now everything is like it was months ago - laggy connection on wired while gaming, devices are struggling to connect to wifi or randomly dropping off, VM Connect app keeps saying that I have to wireless signals/ networks where I only have one - increased count of T3 timeouts on channel 4, quite few critical errors and overal experience is just poor again!!! If you keep telling me that everything your end is fine then it must be that HUB5 then!!!! How the hell can you have 1G package, sitting 1.5m away from the hub using ethernet cable and keep getting drop outs from Teams calls, keep lagging on all online games... I just dont get it !!!! And why is the CONNECT app keep saying that i Have two signals/ networks at my home where I only have one.......!!!! 

Hi buchosmambo,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're experiencing some connection issues again. 

I've had a look at things from our side, and can see it's been some time since you last rebooted the hub. 

Can you please do this for me, and advise if there is any improvment?

Alex_Rm

Done it but according to VM app I have two conflictive networks see screenshot below. This hub needs replacing

IMG_0882.png