cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi can anyone help, i have a firestick connected with a ethernet cable. But still seems to buffer, and is

sharonyoung1
Joining in

Hi can anyone help, I have a firestick connected with a ethernet cable but still buffers, and is saying, it is connected with issues an needs update configuration. Eonder if it is something in settings. Any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also go into the Apps section and clear the cache of apps you don't really use, or indeed uninstall unused apps all together.  You can always add them back again.  I would do this on my Firestick now and again.  It's also cabled, but i very rarely see any buffering.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi sharonyoung1 

Firesticks can buffer if they are out of physical memory although it sounds like there is a firestick update that needs installing

Click the settings gear (cog wheel) at the far right side of your screen.

Scroll down and select the My Fire TV option

Then, click on About. Then  scroll down and select the Check for Updates or Install Update button.

If an update is available for your FireStick and it has already downloaded the update, you’ll see the Install Update button.

After clicking Install Update, the updates will start installing. Make sure not to turn off the power while updates are being installed. After a few minutes, FireStick will complete the update and reboot automatically.

(The latest version I have is Fire OS 6.2.9.7 (NS6297/4655)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Have you run a speed test? Mine is 293.69Mbps.

20230717_224819_30.jpg

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also go into the Apps section and clear the cache of apps you don't really use, or indeed uninstall unused apps all together.  You can always add them back again.  I would do this on my Firestick now and again.  It's also cabled, but i very rarely see any buffering.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks