Menu
sophiefawnbrake
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Help

Help! How do i speak to a human being? I setup my new account on 22nd Dec and the engineer said he'd make a recommendation re effective setup and i should expect a call-back - that was 4 weeks ago and no-one has called! I've tried calling but no matter what options i seem to try it's all automated and i can never speak to a human. This is exasperating. How do i contact a HUMAN??

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help

What needs doing exactly?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
sophiefawnbrake
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

1. I can only get the internet in half of my flat. VM were supposed to send me something, upon installers recommendation, but that was 4 weeks ago and I’ve heard nothing and I can’t seem to contact any humans at VM to investigate. Any ideas how I contact a human? No luck on their phone lines.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

If you mean a booster, they don’t just send them out in engineers requests. You have to ask for them as they may be chargeable to you depending on your package. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
sophiefawnbrake
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but this isn’t my question. The engineer has already made recommendations to VM about what I should/shouldn’t have for what price and asked them to contact me, but I’ve heard nothing. My question is how do I speak to a human being at VM.

carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@sophiefawnbrake wrote:

Thanks, but this isn’t my question. The engineer has already made recommendations to VM about what I should/shouldn’t have for what price and asked them to contact me, but I’ve heard nothing. My question is how do I speak to a human being at VM.

With great difficulty at the moment.

You can only persist on the lines, trying at 8am (9am Sundays) when they open.

0 Kudos
sophiefawnbrake
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I don’t even get out in a queue, when I follow the options I get an automated message, they reset my box and hang up. Not at any point is there an option to try and speak to someone. The last time I spoke to a human was in December and that cost me £25!

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The 0345 number is charged at local rates.

0 Kudos
abasits
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@sophiefawnbrake wrote:

I don’t even get out in a queue, when I follow the options I get an automated message, they reset my box and hang up. Not at any point is there an option to try and speak to someone. The last time I spoke to a human was in December and that cost me £25!

VM  have such such disgusting customer services, pathetic broadband - no one picksup your call/ respond emails!
I am going to next level now, already have 5 different complaint reference numbers ///
but now would take this matter to the telecom authority soon!

Wont let these crooks escape in this manner /// 

carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@abasits wrote:

@sophiefawnbrake wrote:

VM  have such such disgusting customer services, pathetic broadband - no one picksup your call/ respond emails!
I am going to next level now, already have 5 different complaint reference numbers ///
but now would take this matter to the telecom authority soon!

Wont let these crooks escape in this manner /// 

Mine, and I assume many others, broadband is fine so that's a very open statement.

0 Kudos