Menu
Reply
sophiefawnbrake
  • 7
  • 0
  • 2
Tuning in
210 Views
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Help

Help! How do i speak to a human being? I setup my new account on 22nd Dec and the engineer said he'd make a recommendation re effective setup and i should expect a call-back - that was 4 weeks ago and no-one has called! I've tried calling but no matter what options i seem to try it's all automated and i can never speak to a human. This is exasperating. How do i contact a HUMAN??

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Reply
gary_dexter
  • 28.88K
  • 1.76K
  • 3.77K
Alessandro Volta
198 Views
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help

What needs doing exactly?


*****
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Reply
sophiefawnbrake
  • 7
  • 0
  • 2
Tuning in
158 Views
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help

  1. I can only get the internet in half of my flat. VM were supposed to send me something, upon installers recommendation, but that was 4 weeks ago and I’ve heard nothing and I can’t seem to contact any humans at VM to investigate. Any ideas how I contact a human? No luck on their phone lines.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Reply
gary_dexter
  • 28.88K
  • 1.76K
  • 3.77K
Alessandro Volta
149 Views
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help

If you mean a booster, they don’t just send them out in engineers requests. You have to ask for them as they may be chargeable to you depending on your package. 


*****
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Reply
sophiefawnbrake
  • 7
  • 0
  • 2
Tuning in
127 Views
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help

Thanks, but this isn’t my question. The engineer has already made recommendations to VM about what I should/shouldn’t have for what price and asked them to contact me, but I’ve heard nothing. My question is how do I speak to a human being at VM.

carl_pearce
  • 4.73K
  • 402
  • 706
Superstar
122 Views
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help


@sophiefawnbrake wrote:

Thanks, but this isn’t my question. The engineer has already made recommendations to VM about what I should/shouldn’t have for what price and asked them to contact me, but I’ve heard nothing. My question is how do I speak to a human being at VM.


With great difficulty at the moment.

You can only persist on the lines, trying at 8am (9am Sundays) when they open.

0 Kudos
Reply
sophiefawnbrake
  • 7
  • 0
  • 2
Tuning in
118 Views
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help

I don’t even get out in a queue, when I follow the options I get an automated message, they reset my box and hang up. Not at any point is there an option to try and speak to someone. The last time I spoke to a human was in December and that cost me £25!

0 Kudos
Reply
gary_dexter
  • 28.88K
  • 1.76K
  • 3.77K
Alessandro Volta
106 Views
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help

The 0345 number is charged at local rates.


*****
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Reply
abasits
  • 32
  • 0
  • 1
On our wavelength
87 Views
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help


@sophiefawnbrake wrote:

I don’t even get out in a queue, when I follow the options I get an automated message, they reset my box and hang up. Not at any point is there an option to try and speak to someone. The last time I spoke to a human was in December and that cost me £25!


VM  have such such disgusting customer services, pathetic broadband - no one picksup your call/ respond emails!
I am going to next level now, already have 5 different complaint reference numbers ///
but now would take this matter to the telecom authority soon!

Wont let these crooks escape in this manner /// 

carl_pearce
  • 4.73K
  • 402
  • 706
Superstar
83 Views
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help


@abasits wrote:

@sophiefawnbrake wrote:

I don’t even get out in a queue, when I follow the options I get an automated message, they reset my box and hang up. Not at any point is there an option to try and speak to someone. The last time I spoke to a human was in December and that cost me £25!


VM  have such such disgusting customer services, pathetic broadband - no one picksup your call/ respond emails!
I am going to next level now, already have 5 different complaint reference numbers ///
but now would take this matter to the telecom authority soon!

Wont let these crooks escape in this manner /// 


Mine, and I assume many others, broadband is fine so that's a very open statement.

0 Kudos
Reply