cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed to navigate the terrible customer service to get stable WIFI

Hacked_offxxxx
Joining in

Signed upto to Virgin Media in Feb, during this time our WIFI has been very unstable and drops out regularly making working from home or streaming TV impossible.

I have contacted customer service on multiple occasions and the responses have varied and contradicted each other, indicating that I was incorrectly upsold faster speeds. This has resulted in me paying a higher price for a service that is still unacceptable.

On 3 occasions a 24 hour monitoring of our WIFI was carried and and each time informed someone would contact me after to discuss any issues found and how to fix. This has not happened.

• Yesterday I made a complaint about the unusable WIFI and terrible customer service. I was assured that someone would definitely contact me on the phone as my issues were now escalated having made a complaint. An hour later I received an email informing me that my complaint was closed as it was now resolved. This is not the case, I'm just going round in circles which is unacceptable given Im paying for a service which doesn't work.
2 REPLIES 2

g0akc
Problem sorter

Firstly, is it just WiFi or are wired connections also affected?

post the stats off the hub status pages and set up a BQM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Never, ever upgrade speed with a faulty circuit.   Don't hold your breath for a return call, rarely if ever does this happen.

Also VM do not guarantee wifi speeds as it is prone to interference.

However, ......   post the information as requested by @g0akc and we can comment.

In the meantime, try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Try a wifi scanner from the Play Store, as it could be external interference causing  poor wifi performance, especially with the older 2.4Ghz band.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks